| Home »
» ARAS HD & HD CSI » How To
Downloading and Installing ARAS 360 HD
Article Number: 65 | Last Updated: Wed, Nov 14, 2012 1:37 PM
Please follow the steps below to download and install ARAS 360 HD.
- To request a download link, please contact your ARAS 360 representative. You should receive a link by email.
- When clicking on the link, save the file to a location on your computer (e.g. Downloads folder or Desktop).
- After the download has completed, please ensure the file size is correct.
- To do this, right-click the downloaded ’.exe’ file and click ’Properties’. Under the ’General’ tab, look for the value under ’Size’ (not ’Size on Disk’).
- That number should be approximately 821MB.
- If the file size is okay, please move onto the Installation steps below. If the file size does not match, chances are the download was not completed in its entirety. This is normal and can happen due to the large file size.
- To resolve this issue, we recommend installing a Download Manager (such as Go!Zilla) to manage the download process. Free trials are often available for download and may be uninstalled after a successful download.
- Once in Go!Zilla, if your download doesn’t start automatically, use the following steps:
- Open Go!Zilla
- Click on the blue icon with a ’+’ on it. Paste the HD link provided into the ’URL’ field.
- Change the ’Save To’ field to where ever you would like to save the ARAS 360 HD Setup (e.g. Downloads folder or Desktop).
- Once the download has completed successfully, double-click the Application (.exe) file to begin.
- You may begin with a security warning from Microsoft saying that the publisher could not be verified. If asked for permission, please click ’Run’ or ’Yes’.
- Next should be a fairly normal series of install wizard screens. Please let everything go to the default locations.
- After the ’Install’ button is pressed you should see a long list of file-names as the progress bar fills in. This stage may take a few minutes.
- Once installation is complete you should see this notification screen. Please click ’Finish’.
** NOTE: ARAS 360 HD requires Microsoft .NET 4 to run. Depending on some of your optional Windows Updates, you may need to run this installation as well.
You’ll know that you don’t have .NET 4 installed if you try opening the program at this stage and it fails, or you may also get a message from Windows asking if you want to download .NET 4.
We’ve actually already included the files in your download. To install .NET 4, please follow the steps below.
Installing .NET 4
- Navigate to the location below in your Program Files using a "Computer" window:
- C:Program Files (x86)ARAS 360 TechnologiesARASHD
- In the ’dotNet4’ folder is an Application file (.exe). Double-click this file (see below).
- This will walk you through installing .NET Framework 4 if your computer did not already have it.
After this installer completes please try opening ARAS HD again.
As always, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
There are no attachments for this article.
Manipulating Dynamic Objects
Viewed 239 times since Wed, Nov 14, 2012
Have a Passenger Thrown From a Bike
Viewed 196 times since Wed, Feb 13, 2013
Importing ARAS HD Custom Models.
Viewed 388 times since Thu, Jun 7, 2012
Merge Two Point Sets
Viewed 125 times since Tue, Jan 15, 2013
Turn Off Headlights on Impact
Viewed 184 times since Wed, Nov 28, 2012
Creating Power Lines
Viewed 391 times since Wed, Aug 1, 2012
Make a Vehicle Reverse
Viewed 215 times since Tue, Dec 4, 2012
Use Custom Traffic Lights
Viewed 80 times since Mon, Mar 25, 2013
Sync Animation Collisions
Viewed 456 times since Thu, Jun 7, 2012