| Home »
» FARO 360 » Version Updates
Downloading and Installing a Full Version of ARAS 360
Article Number: 41 | Last Updated: Wed, Feb 6, 2013 1:22 PM
Please follow these instructions if you have never installed ARAS 360 before or are installing on a new computer.
Below is the download link and step-by-step instructions for installing the full version of ARAS 360 v1.4.3, including the Vehicle Specs Database and ARAS Genius v1.1.
ARAS 360 Full Suite:
Please request a full version download link from email@example.com.
Here are the steps:
- When clicking on the link, save the file to a location on your computer (e.g. Downloads folder or Desktop).
- After download is complete, please ensure the file size is correct.
- To do this, right click the downloaded ’zip’ file, and click ’Properties’. Under the ’General’ tab, look for the value under ’Size’ (not ’Size on disk’).
- That number should match the following: 1.14GB (1,228,034,960 bytes).
- If the file size does not match, chances are the download was not completed in its entirety. This is normal and does happen due to the large file size (if the size is okay, go to Installation).
- To resolve this issue, we recommend installing a Download Manager (such as Go!Zilla) to manage the download process. The download link provided is for a free trial, so we recommend uninstalling Go!Zilla after a successful download.
- If your download doesn’t automatically start in Go!Zilla, use the following steps:
- Open Go!Zilla
- Click on the Blue Icon with a ’+’ on it. Paste the link provided above into the ’URL’ field.
- Change the ’Save To’ field to where ever you would like to save the ARAS 360 Setup (e.g. Downloads folder or Desktop).
- Once you have successfully downloaded the .zip file, right-click it and select "Extract All..." to extract the files to a folder.
- Open up the extracted files folder and run ’setup.exe’. This will open the ’ARAS 360 Suite Installation Launcher’. Click on ’Install ARAS 360 Suite’, and the installation will begin.
- Once the installation completes, close the launcher, and open ARAS 360.
- If you are having issues entering your license key, please ensure the following:
- Your license key is typed in capital letters, with a hyphen (-) between every 5 characters.
- If copying from an email, there are no additional spaces or characters at the beginning or end of the key.
To Install ARAS Genius:
- User Name is your First and Last name. Email ID is the email address you wish to tie to your ARAS 360 license key.
- Navigate back to the extracted files folder.
- Inside the main folder, open the "ARAS_Genius" folder.
- Click to run "ArasGenius110Setup.exe."
Tips and Tricks:
- Follow the install wizard. Your ARAS 360 key should automatically work for ARAS Genius.
- There are 4 stages to the ARAS 360 installation: the main software, the Xvid codec, Models, and the Vehicle Specs Database. There is often a pause between stages where you see an installer window...please wait for the next stage.
- Please be sure to watch for any prompts....and do not close windows without checking for a button or option. This could lead to an incomplete installation.
- If you get a message regarding not being able to install a ".NET" or "system 32" file, this is not an error. You can choose to continue. This message simply means that your computer already has the file we were trying to install.
- If you try to run the file but get a pop-up mentioning a "Cabinet File" or "MSI file" error, this means your download was incomplete. You’ll want to delete it and re-try the download, or contact Tech-Support for some assistance and an alternate link.
As always, if you have any issues, please contact ARAS Support!
There are no attachments for this article.
Updating to Current Version of ARAS 360
Viewed 4345 times since Wed, Sep 7, 2011
Installing new model-packs into ARAS
Viewed 2998 times since Mon, Feb 7, 2011