|Home » Categories » Multiple Categories|
Bulletin: 10/8/2015 - AVG Antivirus False Positive - Scenes in FARO HD are not loading
|Article Number: 214 | Last Updated: Thu, Oct 8, 2015 11:25 AM|
As of 10/8/2015 (October 8th, 2015) AVG Antivirus software is detecting components of our FARO HD software as a trojan horse virus. This detection is a FALSE POSITIVE. Nothing in our software is malicious and we will always keep it that way.
This issue will represent itself in the following ways:
1) Your FARO HD software may fail to load correctly.
2) FARO HD may launch normally, but will not load any scene files.
To fix this issue, please follow these steps.
1) Open AVG Antivirus.
2) Click on the options menu and select Virus Vault.
3) Click on the entry showing FARO HD "ARASHD.Reporting" and click "Restore File".
4) Close that window and return to the main AVG window
5) Open the options menu again and this time select "Advanced Options" from the list.
6) Click on "Exceptions" on the left side.
7) In the "Exception Type" area select "Folder"
8) Use the button to browse to either the "C:Program Files (x86)/ARAS 360 Technologies/" or
"C:/Program Files (x86)/FARO/" and press OK.
9) Click the "Apply" button at the bottom of the screen, then press "OK"
10) Try and launch FARO HD again.
If after these steps the problem persists please contact technical support at 1-877-814-2360 to set up a one-on-one remote assistance call to resolve the issues.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
There are no attachments for this article.
Translate (Move) Selection
Viewed 1366 times since Fri, Sep 6, 2013
FARO HD How-To Videos
Viewed 6455 times since Thu, Sep 13, 2012
Creating Power Lines
Viewed 2191 times since Wed, Aug 1, 2012
Have a Passenger Thrown From a Bike
Viewed 2012 times since Wed, Feb 13, 2013
Viewed 5978 times since Mon, Jul 1, 2013
How to find the FARO HD in-program help files.
Viewed 1552 times since Wed, Nov 28, 2012
Navigation - Details
Viewed 1292 times since Fri, Jul 26, 2013
Use a PC-Crash Animation Path for Use in FARO HD
Viewed 3190 times since Tue, Jul 2, 2013
Use Custom Traffic Lights
Viewed 2254 times since Mon, Mar 25, 2013
Unauthorized Access Error When Trying to Activate
Viewed 6159 times since Wed, Oct 9, 2013